Planning & Zoning

Zoning Permits
A Zoning Permit is needed for any new buildings, additions or alterations to existing buildings. Driveway permits are required when new driveways are installed on a parcel. If you are expanding the width of an existing curb cut you need to verify if a permit is needed. The construction of new fences or extension of existing fences requires a fence permit.

Most signs in the township require permits. Before ordering a sign verify if it is permitted and if a sign permit application is required. It is recommended that you verify with the township prior to ordering any materials for projects, the Township is happy to assist applicants with their requests and explain the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance. The township does not want the resident to assume the cost for materials or items that are not allowed.

New Businesses
New businesses coming to Briley Township should meet with township staff to verify if their proposed business is permitted at the location they have selected.

Future Land Use & Zoning Plan

Master Plan
The latest Briley Township Master Plan and latest Montmorency County Master Plan can be downloaded from the following links:
Master Plan
Montmorency Master Plan

Zoning Ordinances
The zoning ordinances can be found on the following page: Ordinances

Zoning Map (s)

Planning Commission Agendas & Minutes

Any questions related to planning & zoning, please call 989-785-4050.

%d bloggers like this: